Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas? Already?

Being in the process the last few months of moving our house to be relocated, prepping the new location, and now being relocated ourselves at my mother's house for the past 3 1/2 weeks, the fact that Christmas is less than a month away has escaped my radar.   Actually, I haven't had time to even think about the upcoming holiday.

Being the control freak that I am, I like to have my Christmas shopping DONE by Thanksgiving. Black Friday is just a day that I make fun of other people, people who are just starting their shopping.  This year I am one of those people. <CRINGE>

We still are not back in our home, and once we DO get to move back, there are many hours of unpacking, cleaning, and repairing left to do. We don't even have entry steps yet- we are using a ladder to climb into our house. 

 The basement still does not have windows installed, so today we had two (yes TWO) bats in the house.  Fun.  "Watch Michelle duck...watch Michelle hit the floor...watch Michelle grab the broom!"

We have electricity as of yesterday (YAH!) but no water, sewer, or heat. We are pretty psyched that our septic tank was put in today, as was the basement in-floor heating. However, neither of them are hooked up yet.

With all this going on, I'm not sure when I will squeeze in Christmas decorating, shopping, and baking. As it was, Loren and I skipped Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt Gayles so that we could get some work done with the temperate weather and the kids went up with Mom for a traditional Turkey dinner.  Thank goodness for Gayle and Mom, otherwise the kids would've been eating sandwiches that day :-) 

Oh yah.  And then there's that little detail about a possible trip to China.  Hmmmmm.  I'm daily still feverishly scanning my email each day, and still, no TA.  But I've made the committment to trusting completely, so there's no worries.  (Does that sound a little Australian?!  "No Worries, Mate")

Since I can't count on getting the family gifts from China now, I guess I'll have to get started shopping this week. Darn it- I thought I was going to get out of shopping for the mundane toys/books/electronics and be able to look for exotic gifts in Beijing!  

I guess I didn't inherit the shopping gene from my mother.

Besides, the kids are getting a new little sister- isn't that a good enough gift?!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment