Monday, May 2, 2011

I-800 Approval!!

Saturday was a momentous day here at the Johnson house- our I800 approval arrived!!  We had been logged in on March 9th, and last time I had called the USCIS to check on the progress of our file, it hadn't been assigned to a worker yet.  Then suddenly, (actually 52 days after submission) it arrived, just when I wasn't looking for it! :-)


For those of you who are new to adoption lingo, this form gives us approval from our US Government, to adopt a foreign born child.  They have gone through our homestudy and fingerprints to make sure we are "worthy", and this qualifies as a major milestone in the foreign adoption timeline.

Another arrival that day was the Ergo baby carrier/sling thing that I had ordered from the BabyDeal site.  They are toted as "essential" when adopting a child under the age of two in China.  Apparently there is alot of walking during the 2 weeks you are in-country, so consider me prepared!

Doing the Happy Dance at our house!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! We're only a few weeks ahead of you. Maybe we will meet up in China!
    This is awesome.

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete