Thursday, May 5, 2011

Birthday Bash

I'm clueless....completely clueless.  Must be the blonde hair.

My husband, family, and friends conspired to surprise me and throw me the best birthday bash EVER!!    They led me to believe we were all preparing for Matt and Sharon's anniversary dance, and all the while they were making secret phone calls and emailing behind my back!  The nerve.

Boy, was I surprised when we walked in to the "anniversary dance" a few minutes late, and there were around 60 people yelling "Surprise!"  Crazy fun!  All my favorite peeps were there!  Lots of hugging and "Did you suspect?" questions from everyone.  Lots of strange discrepancies from the past few weeks began to fall into place, and that made for alot of giggling!

 The whole evening, Loren was just glowing with happiness. Everyone enjoyed watching him shower me with love almost as much as I enjoyed being showered!

I got to dance with Loren to our wedding song and hear Travis sing karaoke for us- both of which  made my heart swell.

Loren also included a very humbling powerpoint presentation on my life, which made me feel like a celebrity and almost made me cry.  God, I love that man!

Turning 50 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  In fact, it was memorable.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment