Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day~

"I think my life began with waking up and loving my mother's face."  George Eliot

Every Mother's Day I face the dilemma of how to show my appreciation to my Mother with something as paltry as a card and random gift.  Truthfully, there is no way to begin to thank a person who has had the most influence on the person that you become.

And I realize that there is no "pay back" gift that can show how much we value them in our lives. 

The best way I can honor and appreciate all of the attention and nurturing that she gave me is to pass it on to MY children, so they can also grow up feeling valued... important...loved.

Me and my Mom

"One generation plants the trees, another gets the shade."  Chinese proverb
(I thought that one was pretty relevant, considering ...!)

So today, I spent the entire day doing things with the kids and showing them how much I value them. 


Mom, thank  you for leading me down the pathway of love, of right living, and of family. 

 You have helped shape me to be the woman and mother that I am, and I in turn, will shape my daughters to be the women they will become. 

Thank you for the legacy of love~




No comments:

Post a Comment