Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Camille!

When it comes to birthday parties, my younger kids kinda get the shaft.  No longer do I host the 14 guest theme parties with Pin the Tail on the Donkey, matching plates, and gift bags that I planned for our older kids. 
Been there, done that.  And I learned many valuable lessons. 
Mainly, kids rebel against structure or planning of any sort, so why ruin a birthday with it?   I’ve learned to just turn the kids loose and let them choose their own activities.



  Today the kids had a great time playing Thomas the Train set, swinging outside, and trying out just about every board game that we own.  No stress, no expectations…everybody is happy.  Camille was thrilled to be the center of attention, the kids didn't want to go home even after 5  hours of "party", and I wasn't worn out, so that's a success in my book.



Camille, Lexy, Bri, Shania, and Grandma Lee
 
Dietrich, Camille, and Lexy


 Can't believe you're 9 years old already!  You are such a blessing to our family and you have grown into such a sweet young lady. Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!!!

Love Mom and Dad  xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment