Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The movers have arrived~

Look at what showed up in our driveway today..


These are the girders that will support our house as it goes down the road.

And yes, it makes me just a little nervous, thinking of our house being jacked up and driven down these narrow gravel roads.  I have visions of it tipping into a ditch- oh, did I say that out loud?

To prepare for the move, we have had to cut down all the trees around the house, which was painful in a sentimental we-took-family-pics-in-front-of-them sort of way for me, and a physical oh-my-back-is-killing-me-from-using-this-chainsaw sort of way for Loren.

We are also detaching our deck so that we can reattach it after the move.

I always knew my volleyball kneepads would come in handy.


We are told it takes around 5-6 days to get the house jacked up to prepare for it's trip down the road.  Until then, we are able to live in the house and watch the work being done.

Once all the utilities are unconnected, we will be homeless for a few days and will most likely stay in town somewhere.  Being the homebody that I am, I am digging my heels in and staying put for as long as I can. (I wish I had a cute cartoon to insert here of a woman hanging to the window sill by her fingertips- that's kinda how I'm feeling :-)

We will keep posting their progress over the next few days~

No comments:

Post a Comment