Friday, October 21, 2011

CABLED

Yes, we have finally received our cable.  Whew.  Kinda wondering if it would ever find it's way to our door.  After gleaning much wisdom from my adoption mentors on our Yahoo group and finding out that I can request the pdf file of my cable, I emailed the NVC, received this file,  and emailed it to my agency.

And the next day it arrived in the mail.  Good grief.

It's apparent to me that if and when we do a second China adoption, I will be so much wiser and it will take much less time because maybe I'll know what I'm doing.

For now, I continue to plug along in my ignorance, hoping that we get our Article 5 in record time, followed by our Travel approval (TA) from China. 

I was so hoping that we would travel in November, but it's just not looking like it now.  I didn't want my one trip to China to be done in cold weather so that we're stuck in the hotel, or so close to Christmas that we end up not spending the holidays with our children here at home.

I know that I'm demanding.  I wanted this trip that I've dreamed of for almost 30 years to be just incredible, full of exotic memories of exploring the sites and seeing Chinese culture up close.  And I wanted it to fit into my schedule, thank you very much.

But today, I happened to open my Bible and guess what Proverb it popped open to?

"Since the Lord is directing our steps, why try to understand everything that happens along the way?"  Proverbs 20:24

Not even kidding.  I just about choked when I saw it!  I had highlighted it from an earlier reading, and there it was, all righteous and whatnot.

So now that I've been reminded, I guess I will stop questioning all the delays and just sit back and try to enjoy the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment