Friday, July 22, 2011

Frugal Friday

"Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship"- Benjamin Franklin

Yah.......I know this is kinda lame for a frugality post, but I can slip in yesterday's pictures of the kids at the pool if I do :-)

Our closest pool for summer swimming is in Centerville, which is about 8 miles away from Viborg.

Swimming lessons cost $18/child, and a daily pass is $3.00.  That means that if all 3 of my kids took lessons, which they do, it would cost $54 for lessons.  Each "fun swim" day that we would enjoy would cost $9.00 for the kids, or $12.00 if I went in with them (which I love to do!)

The summer Family pass costs $65.00 for the whole summer. 

Based on that price, if we didn't get the pass, each of the kids could get lessons, costing $54.00, and we could all go swimming for a fun swim day.

Once.

So, the frugal tip today is if there are Family or Bulk Use passes that offer more bang for your buck, do it!  This way, we also make more trips to the pool because WE CAN!  IT'S PAID FOR!!


Bri and Kaylee

Bri, Kaylee, Camille