Thursday, April 21, 2011

Luke's Quilt

FINALLY got Luke's quilt done- check that off of my winter project list. :-)


There's something about putting together a quilt for my kids- selecting fabric and patterns that I think they will like, spending the time piecing it together, every stitch applied, making something special for them from me. 

My hope is that my children will treasure these quilts and share them with their own children someday.  I still have a quilt made by my Grandma Haugen, and it's one of my most treasured possessions.  She made it herself specifically to cover and warm her family, and that loving intention carries through to those who use the quilts. 

The quilts I make for my family may not be the prettiest or the best, but I hope that every time my kids wrap themselves up in them, they know how much they are loved.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on the quilt! Some day I would like to take the time to piece a quilt. I have the fabric but haven't done anything with it yet. You are a woman after my own heart.

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete