Friday, April 1, 2011

Frugal Friday~

“I believe that thrift is essential to well-ordered living.”
--John D. Rockefeller

Doing your own Home Improvement Projects
When I was a kid, I really admired my grandmothers- they could do everything from drive a tractor to sew a quilt.  I've always tried to be as self sufficient as they were, but I usually fall short!

This week's opportunity to be frugal falls under the heading of Home Improvement.  Spring is sneaking up on me, (actually it's HERE)  and I need to get these winter projects complete before all the busy spring activities descend upon us.

This week I'm repainting the bedrooms, covering up all the marks, and filling up dart holes (?!  What were those boys thinking?)  Because painting is one of the few home improvement skills that I feel comfortable with, we save money by doing it ourselves instead of hiring someone to do it.  I love painting projects because the improvements are so visible, and I can do them without any help.  (the control freak in me appreciates that!)

Better get going- I'm burning daylight!


No comments:

Post a Comment