Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Luke!

The last several years, Luke has always been away at Boy Scout Camp during his birthday, so we have usually waited to celebrate the following week.

But this year, we decided to surprise him at camp with a visit from his family...because you know how much a teenage boy LOVES to hang out with his folks. :-)

But since we came bearing Dairy Queen Ice cream cake, he seemed pretty happy to see us.


Hungry Boy Scouts



The Birthday Boy!

Sisters with a view
Since it was about 100 degrees in the shade, the cake was a hit, although a somewhat messy hit.  We visited with the other scout leader and his wife while the boys played touch football and the girls played Enormous Chess.  (My name for it- the pieces were almost 3 ft high)

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my youngest son is now 15 years old!  I still remember being so happy that the doctor was finally going to induce me, because Luke was 10 days late, I was HUGE and uncomfortable, and the hospital had air conditioning and we didn't. 

And yah, I was pretty anxious to meet the little guy :-)

Happy Birthday to the coolest 15 year old we know. It's been a wild ride so far and I can't wait to see what you do during the next 15 years. 

Love Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment