Saturday, November 10, 2012

Random hits and misses

This week has been full of admistrative paperwork and there are days when I think I need a secretary.  However, if the funds were there, ya all know that I would choose a cook over a secretary ANY DAY! ,  So until I win the lottery, I guess I'm stuck with my part time secretary job.

Having all sorts of fun deciphering insurance requirements for Quinn's surgery, and contacting Shriners to find out what preauthorizations and such are needed. The people at Shriners are so helpful and caring that I can't wait to meet them and just give them a big squeeze!  Nicest phone personalities on the planet.  I got all my questions answered for Quinn's upcoming appointment, and even a room on-site to rent while we are there.  Consider this a HIT.

 Then they called back to tell me that Quinn isn't scheduled for surgery yet (WHAT??) and that our upcoming appointment is only a pre-consultation.  (How many preconsulations do ya need?  Apparently, more than one. Can't wait to drive 6 hours one way just so another surgeon can look at the bump on Quinn's back.  I was told by Sanfords Spina Bifida team that this was for surgery because they did all the pre-op testing, not a consultation appointment.  Count this a MISS)

Finished painting the rental house (SWEET!) and now I wait for the Real Estate Genies to come and promote my house to the level of liveable and hopefully it will sell.  I have prayed to have this house off of my hands for so many years that I'm not real optimistic that this will happen soon.  So far, all the people that have either wanted to rent it or buy it haven't had the funds to even begin the process, which speaks volumes to the impossibility for many people to own their own house.  This old house is listed cheaper than most new cars, and yet, many people who are willing to live in an old house cannot afford to do even that.  So Genies- DO YOUR STUFF!  I'm calling this a HIT because I'm doing the happy dance to be done with paint stained hands.

Tanner's therapist called to let me know that he's not making any progress, so he's going to recommend halting therapy.  So far, in all the years that I've been trying to find "professionals" to help Tanner, I have rarely found any who have been very helpful. They "claim" to be trained to help people who have mental challenges, and yet, they call me because they can't get him to clean his room...or he won't sit still during work hours...or he is only working at 80% instead of 100%.  Seriously??  I thought all of these "professionals" were trained in understanding how people with autism and cognitive delays behave, and yet they keep calling his mommy because they can't get him to do it right?   I have been fighting for this kid for the last 22 years, and it looks as if I will have to continue to fight.  I am weary of this battle.  Miss.

Then to top off all this fun news, our CW calls and tells me that the States Attorney is going to let our foster children's mother have furloughs for visits with the kids, after having a No Contact motion in place for the last 6 months.  Great.  Bring on the crazy behaviors once the kids start these visits.  This is a big MISS.

So this was my week.  I don't intend to keep score, because I think I have more checks in the MISS column than I do in the HIT one.  Here's to next week and hoping that my Pollyanna personality will kick in, because then I can play the Happy Game and everything will be peachy.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment